Location: Baughurst, Hampshire
To identify and acquire development sites inline with set land targets, whilst working closely within departments to ensure that maximum contribution is achieved from all land purchases.
- Maintain a high profile with external property contacts in pursuit of opportunities for the Company.
- Responsible for acquiring land opportunities within a specified geographical area; entering negotiations and formulate offers within annual budgets and forecasts.
- Maintain a sound knowledge of all technical aspects covering the acquisition and development of land and associated legal agreements.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of legal issues relating to contracts, joint ventures and partnerships.
- Formulate offers, co-ordinate investigations, negotiate with local authorities, agents and lawyers, in order to produce contracts for signature.
- Act as a conduit between the Land department and the other departments in the Company, to ensure opportunities are optimised and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land acquisition process.
- Ensure that land procurement is complaint with annual budgets and forecasts and that the Company’s requirements for land acquisition are fully complied with.
- Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum level 2 in English, Mathematics
- 4+ years’ experience
- Negotiation for heads of terms and specific contract requirements
- Sound knowledge of entire acquisition and development process.
- RICS and/or MRTPI
- Computer literate and able to use Excel, Word and PowerPoint to a high standard.