Customer Services Operative
Location: Various Locations
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Reporting to: Customer Services Manager
- Desire to self-develop, taking on board constructive feedback and adapting behaviour accordingly
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Patient, calm and empathetic
- Rational, logical and resourceful
- Self-motivated to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Have exceptionally good all-round organisational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines through effective prioritisation
- Committed team player
- Taking ownership to ensure a situation is resolved efficiently and effectively
- Carry out work in a safe manner, being particularly aware of customers and any children that may be in the home at the time.
- Liaise with the purchasers as and when required
- Ensure that all reported defects are dealt with in a cost-effective, timely and professional manner to the satisfaction of the purchaser and at the direction of the Customer Service Manager.
- Ensure that any substances hazardous to health are used in accordance with COSHH assessments.
- Ensure all electrical equipment is regularly tested
- Ensure that the loading of vans is within the manufacturer’s safe working limits.
- Ensure that any problems or incomplete work are reported to the Customer Care Coordinators immediately
- Report into the office telephonically, when work at the purchasers is completed
- Return all completed timesheets and job sheets to the office weekly
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the role
- BTEC diploma in Building Construction or an NVQ Level 2 or a City & Guilds in relevant trade
- Valid CSCS card
- Ability to prioritise and organise tasks
- Ability to build rapport with customers, colleagues and sub-contractors, maintaining excellent working relationships
- IT, written and verbal communication skills
- A detailed understanding of common new home defects and the snagging process
- 3/5 years’ experience working in the housing, development, maintenance or similar
industry, delivering a customer-led service