Maintaining the security of your data is a priority of Bewley Homes, and we are committed to respect your privacy rights. We undertake to handle your data fairly and legally at all times and we are also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect from you and we may use such data.
This privacy notice aims to explain the types of personal data Bewley Homes may collect about you when you interact with us whether you visit our developments, offices, use your mobile device or go on line. It also aims to explain how we will process, share and keep your data.
We hope this will answer any questions you have, but if you still have any questions, please get in touch with us.
As we may need to update this notice from time to time, we will update you if there are any significant changes, however please feel free to check this notice as you wish from time to time.
Who is Bewley Homes
Bewley Homes Limited is a registered company in England and Wales, registered number 01878610 with registered address of Inhurst House, Brimpton Road, Baughurst Hampshire RG26 5JJ. Bewley Homes (referred to as Bewley Homes, “we” or “us” or “our” ) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Bewley Homes is also registered on the information Commissioner's Register of Data Controllers.
Why do we collect your personal data
We may collect and process your personal data for a number of reasons. These reasons include:
· so that we may comply with any legal obligation we have;
· in order to comply with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract with you;
· the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below); or
· where you have consented to the processing.
This includes, but is not limited to, information you (or a joint purchaser and/or owner) provides:
- when you/they contact us in person, on our website, over the telephone, by e-mail or by post;
- at the time of reserving a property to purchase from us;
- at the time of purchasing options and extras from us;
- during the course of purchasing a property from us and/or selling a property to us in part exchange;
- when you apply for a job vacancy with us.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Bewley Homes, including:
- selling and supplying our homes and services;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their health, safety and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries or disputes;
- protecting Bewley Homes, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third-parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Bewley Homes; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, employees, shareholders and other stakeholders.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose or share your personal data without your knowledge, unless we are required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Unless we notify you, we will not process your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), as it is currently defined.
Detailed below are examples of when we would collect, process and in some cases share, your personal data:
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to verify your identity;
- to process job applications;
- to process and manage your purchase of a property from us and provide after sales services where applicable;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for example your purchase of a property and/or options and extras from us and (if applicable) our purchase of your existing property in part exchange;
- to facilitate the provision of warranties with a property purchased from us;
- to monitor customer satisfaction (both on our own behalf and/or for the National House Building Council) including processing customer satisfaction surveys;
- to notify utility suppliers and local authorities about your new property and about any property we have purchased from you in part exchange;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and/or
- to contact you about new developments and house types which may meet your needs. If you have not yet reserved a property with us we will contact you in this way only if you have consented to us using your personal data in this way and that you want to receive this information from us.
Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.