Created for your peace of mind
We create our homes for you, our customer. We want to ensure you can move in and enjoy your new Bewley home from the very first day. We are committed to making sure you receive a quality product and the highest standard of service from us.
To ensure clarity, please see below our Bewley pledge to you, our customer. You will find this Charter displayed in each Bewley Homes’ Marketing Suite and on our website. You will also receive a copy at reservation.
1. We make an undertaking to comply with the Consumer Code for Home Builders. We will give you a copy of the Consumer Code following reservation. You can also view this information at consumercode.co.uk
2. To enable you to enjoy your experience in purchasing a new home from Bewley, we will ensure that our team explains fully to you the process of buying your new home, providing you with details as to the actions you will need to undertake and those which our team will action. The team will provide you with a Reservation Check List which will cover items such as kitchen layouts, the type of materials for your new home, fencing, paths and so on.
3. We have trained our staff so they understand our responsibilities to you and so that they can fulfil the commitments made in this Charter and in the Consumer Code. You will be given the name and contact details of the team who will be responsible for helping you during the buying process and whom to contact after completion of your new home.
4. Our marketing, advertising and reservation information will be clear and helpful.
5. Our Sales Executives will provide you with useful information and contact details for several solicitors whom we believe are new homes’ specialists and similarly, we will also ensure that you are given the opportunity to receive the latest independent mortgage advice and assistance with any Government-backed purchase schemes for new homes such as Help to Buy.
6. We will give you regular updates about the timing of the construction of your new home, legal completion and handover of the property.
7. Prior to legal completion, we will demonstrate the functions and facilities of your home to you.
8. We will inform you about site safety precautions that we both must take when you visit a Bewley Homes’ development if you are offered the opportunity to visit your new home under construction and if you are living on a development where construction work is continuing.
9. Our Homeowner Guide informs you about our customer service and emergency services that we provide for 2 years after legal completion. This includes details of our 24-hour, 365-day response service for emergency calls, out of normal office hours. Both this and our Customer Service Warranty is available for 2 years after your date of Legal Completion.
10. We set out below our procedures for dealing with customer complaints. We will investigate all complaints thoroughly and fairly, it will be assessed honestly, consistently and punctually, considering all relevant facts.
We will always accept responsibility for warranty service requests where we may have failed to meet the industry performance and tolerance standards. Should we disagree, we will always honour the independent findings of the arbitration service provided by the warranty body.
If you remain unhappy with either your home or the service we’ve provided, in the first instance raise
this with your Customer Service team so they can address your concerns.
What you need to provide
- To help us investigate and try to resolve your complaint, please provide our Customer Service Team with the following information:
- Full contact details
- As much information as possible of what your complaint is
- Details of what you would like us to do to resolve the issue
Our promise to you
- We will thoroughly investigate your complaint and offer you a fair response, considering all the information available to us
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days (except weekends and Bank Holiday) and will contact you within 7 working days. If it is not possible to resolve your complaint within 7 working days, we will:
- keep you updated on progress on a weekly basis, and
- tell you when we expect to be able to resolve the complaint
- We aim to resolve all complaints at Step 1 but acknowledge this is not always possible
Step 2 – If you are not satisfied
We do our best to work with our customers in a fair and reasonable manner. However, if you are still not satisfied then you should ask for your complaint to be referred, or directly contact, your Customer Support Manager.
They will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days (except weekends and Bank Holiday) and will contact you within 7 working days and will either reply fully or advise you of the steps they are taking and give you a date by when they will be able to respond in full.
Step 3 – If the matter is still not resolved
If the Customer Support Manager is unable to resolve the matter to your satisfaction, then you should escalate this to your Head of Customer Service who has overall responsibility for ensuring our customers receive the highest levels of care.
They will review your complaint and determine the best course of action, responding to you in the same timescales as steps 1 and 2.
What if we are unable to resolve your complaint?
We do our best to resolve complaints in a fair and reasonable manner. If you are dissatisfied with either our final response or with any delay in providing our final response after going through the steps outlined above, you may be able to ask the Consumer Code consumercode.co.uk or your home warranty provider for an independent review. They offer a resolution service to help where the complaint is relating to the marketing and selling of homes or a failure to build your home to meet the warranty standards.
If you are a customer who is yet to complete on the purchase of your new home any queries should be directed to our sales teams at the appropriate development.
If you would like a PDF of this page please click here.